International Student Research Conference "Statistical Models in Business and Finance" in conjunction with the Annual meeting of the American Siberian Education Foundation (ASEF) is dedicated to memory of Professor Emeritus Rawlie R. Sullivan, organized and sponsored by the University of St. Thomas: Opus College of Business, College of Arts and Sciences, Center for Applied Mathematics, Interdisciplinary Program in Statistics.
The conference will take place at the University of St. Thomas (UST) in St. Paul, MN, August 6 - 10, 2012. Suggested arrival date for out-of-town participants is August 5 and suggested departure date: August 11, 2012. Please register by July 15, 2012 online to assure being included as a participant in the final program. Registration is free for all UST community and members of participating institutions.
Main Objectives of the conference are:
- Paying tribute to Dr. Rawlie R. Sullivan, Past President of ASEF, Professor Emeritus of the University of St. Thomas, celebrating achievements of UST and ASEF in international educational collaboration.
- Fostering international programs at the University of St. Thomas, adding an international dimension to the institutional commitment to undergraduate research.
- Promoting UST interdisciplinary program in Statistics, establishing its research agenda and working relationships within UST and outside UST (locally and internationally).
- Developing future directions of activities for ASEF, discussing its structural reorganization and connections to UST.
Institutional Participants and Organizers:
- American Siberian Education Foundation (ASEF); a non-profit institution based in Minnesota, USA, promoting international cultural and educational exchanges;
- Minnesota Center of Financial and Actuarial Mathematics (MCFAM) at the University of Minnesota;
- Twin Cities Chapter of the American Statistical Association (TC ASA).
Invited Institutional Participants:
- University of St. Thomas (UST), Minneapolis/St. Paul (host school);
- University of Minnesota (U of M, TC), Twin Cities, MN;
- University of Minnesota (U of M, M), Morris, MN;
- National Research University High School of Economics (HSE), Moscow, Russia;
- Novosibirsk State University (NSU), Novosibirsk, Russia;
- Novosibirsk State Technical University (NSTU), Novosibirsk, Russia;
- Astrakhan State University (ASU), Astrakhan, Russia.
The University of St. Thomas is on the banks of the Mississippi River less than five miles from downtown Minneapolis or Saint Paul and there are many nearby attractions. Those flying in should arrive at MSP (Minneapolis-Saint Paul), about a 15-minute car ride from St. Thomas. More information about local activities will be available later.
Search the CAM website here; type your query, then wait for results. For full results, press "enter."